Hello Guests, Friends and Family,
JUNE 12TH (FRIDAY), is our Opening Day! We are accepting reservations on our website for in state and out of state guests.
The State (Maine) will allow adults (MA, CT, NY, NJ and other states with high Covid-19 statistics) who obtain and receive a negative COVID-19 test no later than 72 hours prior to arrival forgo the 14-day quarantine upon arrival in Maine. Additionally, the State will exempt residents of New Hampshire and Vermont from the testing and 14-day quarantine requirement altogether because, when adjusted for population, the prevalence of active cases of COVID-19 in these states is similar to that in Maine.
As for the 14-day quarantine (Covid-19 test) for out-of-staters, Johnson admits it will be on the honor system for guests and the people taking the reservations. ~ Commissioner Heather Johnson with the Department of Economic and Community Development
Gift certificates can be redeemed from June 12, 2020 until September 12, 2021. Gift certificates are redeemable ONLY by booking directly with us at www.seagrassinn.me . Your gift certificate cannot be redeemed through a 3rd party booking agent such as Expedia or Booking etc. Your credit will be taken at the time of your check in.
Please check our Facebook page and our website at www.seagrassinn.me for updates. You can reach us at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
Please read our Covid-19 Plan below.
Peter and Lisa Guidi, Owners, Seagrass Inn, OOB, ME
Please check here and our Facebook page for updates. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
COVID-19 2020 PLAN
Dear Guests and Friends,
Protecting the health of Seagrass Inn guests vacationing at the beach this summer is our highest priority. The Covid-19 pandemic means taking special precautions this summer to protect our guests and staff. We’re taking this opportunity to tell you about the Seagrass Inn, “Bleach the Beach” disinfecting program. We have consulted with experts and taking their advice will be using “Hospital” grade disinfectants rather than traditional cleaners. These products kill viruses including Covid-19 and are the same products used to clean ambulances and hospital rooms.
Below are several changes we’ve made to make the program effective.
- We’ve removed all unnecessary items from the room to reduce the number of surfaces (places a virus can hide and be passed on).
- We clean the room, floor (tile), walls, doors and furniture with Hospital disinfectant cleaners.
- Once cleaned all surfaces (TV Remote, Switches, doorknobs, fixtures, refrigerator and coffee maker) are sprayed with a Hospital Disinfectant & Deodorizer to prevent the spread of pathogens and kill dangerous bacteria.
- When you check in, you will be given your towels assuring that only you have touched these items in your room.
- Housekeeping will no longer be available during your stay. The public ice machine and microwave will also no longer be available during the 2020 season.
- We will eliminate some seating outside of the rooms and expand other seating areas.
- In order to expand seating areas, we ask guests to observe our 1 parking space guideline per room. Additional parking is available for a fee within walking distance to the hotel.
- All rooms open to the outside, no elevators, so you can practice the amount of social distancing you desire.
- We continue to enforce the rule that there is no cooking allowed in the rooms. BBQ’s will still be available.
Our highest priority is your comfort and safety. Please be assured that we are doing everything possible to meet your needs and to exceed your expectations.
The Seagrass Inn is ideal for guests to continue to practice social distancing as all our rooms have exterior entry doors, no elevators and are adequately spaced to help. The beach is going to be open and with this huge open space it is possible to continue practicing social distancing. Remember, we are only 75 yards from the beach. All that is required is to cross the street. We believe that the summer of 2020 while starting off with uncertainty and will ultimately be a summer to remember!
Seagrass Inn Updated Covid-19 Cancellation Policy.
Due to the current situation, a new Cancellation Policy will be in effect until May 15th, 2020 unless the Government extends the shutdown.
- If you have a current reservation, we encourage you to keep the reservation intact.
- If we are unable to open due to government policy during the dates of your stay, then you will receive a credit to be applied to a new reservation in 2020 or 2021.
- If you wish to change your reservation, changes can be made with no charge fees, although the rate may be higher or lower.
- If you wish to cancel for any other reason after May 15th, your reservation will be applied to a future reservation in 2020 or 2021 when it may be a better time for you to stay at the Inn.
Normal Cancellation Policy:
May 15, 2020 throughout the full season our policy for cancellation remains the same as always.
- 7 Calendar Days before arrival and there is a $50 cancel fee.
- Cancellations made less than 7 calendar days before arrival will forfeit the first night deposit.
- Date changes are free of charge but the rate on the new dates may be higher or lower. Changes must be made 7 days before arrival only.
- Holidays are paid in full when reserved and are non-refundable, if we are open, otherwise, a credit will be applied to a future reservation in 2020.
In the meantime, here are a few notices…
- Our office is open but not staffed as we are around the Inn preparing for our opening.
- Incoming phone calls are going direct to Voicemail so please leave a message and we will promptly return your call. 207-934-4866
- The website is open.
- You may book rooms at your convenience.
- Email, email@example.com
- We will promptly reply to your emails.
Many have asked about us at the Seagrass Inn, and we would like to thank you all for your kind messages and emails. We are doing our best to manage the situation and we are looking forward to our 2nd season with a planned opening of Friday May 15, 2020. As the current situation is still evolving, it is too early for us to make any changes. We will keep you updated periodically with any news we receive.
In the interim we are going about our usual pre-opening routines of decorating, painting, and updating the Inn. Most importantly we are also looking at ways to ensure that you, our valued guests, are totally comfortable when you eventually can visit us in Old Orchard Beach.
We truly thank you for your understanding and wish you and yours the very best. Please be safe and stay healthy and we look forward to seeing you in 2020.
Peter and Lisa Guidi, Owners